Teenager Room

I couldn't stand it anymore so today I finally cleaned Kyle's room (hadn't really touched it since he moved out), and since I was upstairs I just had to tackle Tyler's room also since I was there. I didn't snap a before picture but this photo shows what a teenagers room should/could look like every day. I did manage to strike a deal with him because I asked him to make his bed every morning for a month and it would make him feel better everyday that he came home to a clean room. So he challenged me to a deal that if he does make his bed every day for that month (okay maybe it was a week) I would buy him a new PS3 controller. So of course I agreed. I know that I feel good everyday having my bed made and I think it just makes anyone feel good walking into a clean room. Hopefully Tyler will feel the same. I guess now all I have to do is figure out if I told him a week or a month before I have to get the checkbook out for that controller. Oh well. I love the clean room even if it only lasts for a short time. I'm guessing he likes it too and will try to keep it that way for Mom if nothing else! *****UPDATE*****Day one and Ty did make his bed this morning. And when I told him good job he said "yep 6 more days". So I guess it was just a week, but maybe I can make him think it is great and he will keep it up after the week. We will see! His room was still very clean at least so that made me very happy!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa Blizzard 2009

Ty Football 2010

Congratulations Kyle & Taylor