Antique Table

So I had this antique table that was my Mom's and we used here and there over the years. When we remodeled our bedroom two years ago Bruce made us matching bedside tables so this one was sent out to the shop. It got beat up and smashed apart basically, and when I remembered it and asked about it Bruce was not very happy with me. He thought it was forgotten. So I rode him pretty hard about putting my table back together and when he finally got to it he decided that 1)my Mother had three thousand layers of whatever on the top and 2)it made much more sense for him to just make a brand new top and bottom that matched the shape of the old. So here it is sitting in my kitchen. I have some big plans to get into painting and distressing things and this will be one of my first projects. The legs are original and I cannot wait to see how it turns out. My Mom "antique painted" a lot of her tables and such and I guess that is what was in way back then. I have another couch table (I think it is called-supposed to go behind a couch) that Bruce stripped and put veneer on and now sits in our bathroom with plants on it. I love having all of my Mom's old stuff but sometimes I definitely think that I have too much. But I do remember them all from when I was growing up so I guess that is something. Now I will just have to see what I can do with this new/old table of hers. Wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa Blizzard 2009

Ty Football 2010

Congratulations Kyle & Taylor