Winter Is Here In Iowa

Well we knew it had to happen eventually as we had gotten far too many 40-50 degree days in January to even seem real. So Thursday night I had Bruce run with me to get groceries hoping to get a snow day Friday and not have to leave my house all weekend. Well I didn't get a snow day and braved it going to work. Was only there about four hours and headed home because the roads were getting bad quickly. I made it home safe but my poor low profile car busted drifts all the way from Dunkerton to Readlyn. After the snow finally quit Friday late afternoon Bruce and Kyle got busy snow blowing and shoveling to clear the driveway and sidewalks. And the deck of course. Bruce just had to drag the blower up and do it! I guess that is so I can get to my bird feeder to fill as I know it wasn't so that he can grill! Oh and the guys even did our neighbors driveway and sidewalks for her since she wasn't home from work yet. She enjoys clearing snow but I think she was happy to have it mostly done when she got home. Planning on doing some cleaning and baking today and staying in where it is warm. Might even get to some scrapbooking if I'm lucky since I haven't done any for what seems life forever! Have a great weekend and stay warm if you are in our neck of the woods. Glad I bought some hot cocoa the other night. Might hit the spot later!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa Blizzard 2009

Ty Football 2010

Congratulations Kyle & Taylor