Good Project Done

Our basement steps were a little scary to say the least. Very steep and the steps were only 8". The basement has very low ceilings so is not really finishable unless a family of all small or short people wanted it finished. It just has the furnace, water heater, deep freeze, water softener, and storage of stuff on shelves. But I do have to go up and down there quite often to the freezer so Bruce decided to rebuild the steps and make them better. He pretty much completely built them out in his shop and then just screwed it all together inside. Lets just say that this was a great project done and although not necessary, it certainly feels and looks much better. I wish we had another week off to get some more projects done around the house but unfortunately we have to get back to work to make more money for more needed projects! Looking forward to tearing out a wall and new living room carpet yet this year. At least I hope that is still on the agenda for this winter! I plan on it, but I'm not the one doing the majority of the manual labor so I guess we shall see. Have a great week getting back into the swing of things everyone that had the week off. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to a regular routine instead of cleaning and doing stuff around the house every day. It is a good thing I am not a stay at home Mom, and that is a fact I don't think my husband or kids will argue with! My OCD would be in high gear all the time.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa Blizzard 2009

Ty Football 2010

Congratulations Kyle & Taylor