Friday Foto


2012 Class 2A Track District Champions Wapsie Valley Warriors

We are so excited and still on an adrenaline rush I think from last night.  Our boys won the meet which is huge for our first year moving up to 2A, and Tyler not only qualified but got first place in 3 out of 4 of his events.  The 4 x 100, 4 x 200, and open 200m Dash got first and our shuttle hurdle got 3rd, but we are still waiting to see if our time was good enough to make it to state.  We will know today.  I am so proud of Tyler.  He ran his best, and when I gave him a thumbs up when he looked over at me after his open 200 he gave me a thumbs up back and a big smile.  Yep my heart melted and the tears streamed down my cheeks.  I didn't lose it and do the ugly cry but boy was I a proud Momma!  Great job to all of our track girls and boys.  And cannot wait to watch you all run Thursday, Friday, and hopefully Saturday too in some finals at the State Track Meet in Des Moines.  You all are awesome!

***UPDATE*** Yes we did make it in the shuttle hurdle relay also.  Tyler made it in ALL of his events!  So excited for next week.  Good luck to all of our athletes participating!  And I think I will add a saying I saw somewhere recently:  "if it is fact then it is not bragging!".  Yep proud Momma!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa Blizzard 2009

Ty Football 2010

Congratulations Kyle & Taylor